Monday, November 11, 2013

Cinnamon Yeast Rolls


Saturday I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time. Happy to say they turned out wonderfully.

The recipe was shared with me from one of my direct reports on my configuration audit team at work. Thank you Sheryl Rounds. It was passed to her from a friend. I encourage you to try this recipe. Delicious and very easy.

Cinnamon yeast rolls

Ingredients:
1 box yellow or white cake mix
4 1/2 c flour (all purpose)
7 tsp yeast (4 pkgs)
1 tsp cinnamon more for sprinkling
2 1/2 c water @ 120 degrees F
1 c brown sugar



Directions:
Whisk together cake mix, flour, yeast and cinnamon. Add water.

Mix until combined.
Flour counter top knead until soft.
Put back in greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1/2 hour.

A great hint to use less bench flour when rolling out dough, spray your counter with cooking spray then dust with flour and smooth out flour.

Roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up dough then cut into 2 to 2 1/2 inch pieces.

Set in greased 9 x 13 cake pan.
Let rise 15 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 min.

I made a maple cream cheese icing for mine.

I used: 2 T milk, 4 T maple syrup, 4 oz cream cheese (softened) and 1 1/2 c confectioners sugar. Blended until smooth then drizzled over warm rolls.

I can't believe I am saying this but I confess that they were so decadent that I could only eat one and I was full!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment