Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chocolate did someone say Chocolate?

Oh my goodness, I have to confess I love the feeling I get inside when I indulge in something chocolate.
Not the cheap chocolate flavored candy...REAL chocolate or cocoa.

I love to read through other bloggers pages, especially those related to cooking. It is all due to my addiction to Pinterest. While looking through the vast number of blogs I follow, I ran across this recipe the other day.

It is for Skinny Chocolate Fudge Banana Muffins. Yes there is that "C" word...CHOCOLATE.

The recipe is from the blogger Sally's Baking Addiction. You should check her blog out sometime.

Let me just warn you, these muffins are kind of on the healthy side in regards to no oil being used in the recipe. It utilizes applesauce. That and they also have whole wheat flour in them. Don't run away screaming....no I want sinful tasting muffins. These can't taste good. Well, I have to say they are DIVINE!

Give this recipe a try!

Chocolate Fudge Banana Muffins

Ingredients-

3 large ripe bananas
2/3 c granulated sugar ( you can reduce to 1/2 c for less sweet of a muffin)
1 large egg
1/3 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c all purpose flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 c semi sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini morsels)/have extra to top muffins

Directions-

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with baking cups.

In a large bowl mash your bananas with a fork. Make sure no large lumps.

Stir in the sugar, egg and applesauce.

Now sift the flours,cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into wet ingredients. Mix together gently. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.

Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Fill to top. Sprinkle top with a few chocolate morsels. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until pick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to completely cool.

Muffins stay fresh up to 5 days in airtight container...but I must confess these will not last that long. Delicious!


Enjoy-
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment