Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Some of you might be tired of all the pumpkin recipes people are posting. I happen to enjoy pumpkin overload. It is a shame that many don't enjoy pumpkin dishes or desserts until the fall. I like them year round.

Here is a recipe for Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I adapted the recipe from several recipes I have seen online as well as cooking shows over the weekend. After a trial run yesterday of making them, I tweaked the recipe a bit and I think I might be onto something.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Ingredients-

1 c all purpose flour
2/3 c old fashioned oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground allspice
3/4 c turbinado sugar (raw sugar) plus a bit more for sprinkling on cookies
3/4 c canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/3 c vegetable oil
2 T maple praline syrup (you can use pure maple syrup) * I like the extra nuttiness of the maple praline syrup.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c raisins

Directions-
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and the allspice. blend them together well.

In a larger bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, oil, syrup, and vanilla and whisk it together.

Gradually add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture (using a folding method so you don't over mix batter. Stir in the raisins.

Drop cookie batter mixture (will be sticky) by tablespoon full onto cookie sheets. spacing the cookie mounds about an inch apart. Mini cookie scoops or ice cream scoops come in handy for this.

Moisten your fingertips and flatten each cookie to about 2 inches in diameter. Sprinkle a bit of the turbinado sugar on top of each cookie.

Bake the cookies until brown which is about 17-19 minutes depending on size of your cookie and its slight firmness. Transfer cookies to cooling rack and cool completely.

I must confess I am not much of a milk drinker but I enjoyed a nice glass of the moo juice with my cookie. Okay...cookies!

Enjoy giving these tasty cookies as a nice treat to teachers, neighbors, your clergy....Heck I bet your UPS or Fed Ex guy would love a nice treat!




-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment