Monday, October 21, 2013

Some say I am a bit corny.

In all the social circles I have been in, people often say I am a bit corny. Well, I don't think that is all that bad of a thing and I tend to embrace it.

So today I am going to go with it and share with you a recipe I tried last night for dinner.


Corn Casserole aka "Corny Casserole"

Ingredients:
8 T butter
1 15.25oz can whole corn with liquid
1 14.75oz can creamed corn
8 1/2 oz box of Jiffy corn bread mix
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 c light sour cream
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Melt butter in 9 x 13 baking dish. Add corn and cornbread mix; mix with fork. Add eggs; mix with fork. Drop sour cream by tablespoon all over the top of the mixture. Fold in gently. Add salt and pepper blend into corn mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 35 minutes or until mixture is firm. Cool slightly before cutting into squares.
This is heavenly! I must confess, I could just make a meal of this.

What are some of your favorite "corny" recipes? Feel free to share as well as you can visit my Facebook page "Momma's Hungry Thoughts".

Have a great day!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment